Services & Departments
Building and Planning Department
The Building Department is responsible for issuing building permits within the Township. The requirements for building permit submissions are included in the Building Permit Application. Inspections are conducted Monday to Friday and require 48 hours notice prior to inspection. You may also schedule an appointment in the office with the Building Department Administrative Assistant. If you have any questions about whether or not you need a building permit, please contact the Building Department prior to construction.
Each property has a Zone designation. This information is important prior to building permit issuance to calculate setbacks from lot lines. Prior to applying for a building permit, you may require a Planning approval. The Planning Department can guide you through the Minor Variance, Zone Amendment and Official Plan process.
Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement
Phone: 705 778-2308
Fax: 705 778-5248
Phone: 705-778-2308 Ext 232
Planning Assistant/Deputy Clerk
Phone: 705-778-2308 Ext 231
Comprehensive Zoning By-Law
- Please contact the Building and Planning Department to confirm the correct zoning for your property.
- Please contact the Building and Planning Department to confirm the correct Official Plan designation for your property.
- For information about Crowe Valley Conservation Authority and their application form, go to www.crowevalley.com/regulation.html
- For information and applications for septic requirements from Peterborough County-City Health Unit, go to www.pcchu.ca/SD/SD-home.html
- For Peterborough County documents including Severance Information and Application, Peterborough County Official Plan and Fees, go to http://www.county.peterborough.on.ca/documents/index.php?d=9
Healthy Shorelines Information
- Information pamphlet (pdf)
Building and Planning Department Documents
- VOLUNTARYSEPTIC INSPECTION REPORT- APRIL 22, 2014
- HBM - OPA Interactive Form: County of Peterborough
- Sample Site Plan
- Sample Construction Plans
- Site Plan Approval Application
- Site Plan Control Guide
- Tariff of Fees for Planning Matters
- Zone Amendment Application
- Minor Variance Application
- MANDATORY SEPTIC INSPECTION REPORT -APRIL 22, 2014
- Building Permit Application 2015
- Minor Variance Guide